Dig Where You Stand – Launch Event
Friday, 9th June 2023
5:30 pm to 7:00 pm
Dig Where You Stand is an archival justice movement made up of artists, archivists, educators and local community members. It unearths the untold stories of people of colour who have lived, worked and put down roots in South Yorkshire over hundreds of years. It does this by exploring archival records and using creative practices to reimagine the lives contained within them. These stories are then shared in public exhibitions, screenings and events.
We are very excited to have been granted £112,100 by the National Lottery Heritage Fund to develop this work over the next two years. You are warmly invited to join our project launch at the Showroom Workstation to celebrate this award and find out more about the new DWYS programme. This includes:
- 10x new commissions for artists of colour living or based in South Yorkshire
- Public exhibition in 2024 with live presentations, performances and activities
- 12 month training programme for women of colour interested in exploring local archives
- Educational resources for schools and community groups
- One off online events, creative writing workshops and discussion panels
- Study guides and open access DWYS website
We particularly encourage artists to attend and find out more about the commission opportunities available.
15 Paternoster Row